: causing or able to cause damage
Examples of DAMAGING
- the damaging effects of the sun on your skin
- The storm may produce damaging winds.
- He says he has damaging information about the candidate.
- The evidence was very damaging to their case.
First Known Use of DAMAGING
Related to DAMAGING
- adverse, bad, baleful, baneful, harmful, dangerous, deleterious, detrimental, evil, hurtful, ill, injurious, mischievous, nocuous, noxious, pernicious, prejudicial, wicked
- anodyne, benign, harmless, hurtless, innocent, innocuous, inoffensive, safe
Learn More About DAMAGING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up damaging? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).