: desire to know:
a : inquisitive interest in others' concerns : nosiness
b : interest leading to inquiry <intellectual curiosity>
archaic : undue nicety or fastidiousness
a : one that arouses interest especially for uncommon or exotic characteristics
b : an unusual knickknack : curio
c : a curious trait or aspect
Examples of CURIOSITY
- Her natural curiosity led her to ask more questions.
- The arrival of a construction crew at their house attracted the curiosity of their neighbors.
- The movie failed to satisfy her curiosity about the assassination.
- Tobacco was once a curiosity in Europe.
- The antique shop was full of curiosities.
First Known Use of CURIOSITY
Learn More About CURIOSITY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up curiosity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).