a : being perplexed or disconcerted <the confused students>
b : disoriented with regard to one's sense of time, place, or identity <the patient became confused>
Examples of CONFUSED
- I've never been so confused.
- We're confused about what to do next.
- He gave a confused speech denying the accusations.
First Known Use of CONFUSED
Related to CONFUSED
- chaotic, cluttered, messy, disarranged, disarrayed, disheveled (or dishevelled), disordered, disorderly, higgledy-piggledy, hugger-mugger, jumbled, littered, messed, muddled, mussed, mussy, pell-mell, rumpled, sloppy, topsy-turvy, tousled, tumbled, unkempt, untidy, upside-down
- bandbox, crisp, kempt, neat, neatened, ordered, orderly, organized, shipshape, snug, tidied, tidy, trim, uncluttered, well-ordered
con·fused adjective \kən-ˈfyüzd\ (Medical Dictionary)
: affected with mental confusion
Learn More About CONFUSED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up confused? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).