: ready or disposed to comply : submissive <a corrupt regime aided by a compliant press>
: conforming to requirements <compliant software>
— com·pli·ant·ly adverb
Examples of COMPLIANT
- I asked him for a favor, and he was compliant.
- The student's shirt was not compliant with the school's dress code.
- The software is compliant with the latest standards.
First Known Use of COMPLIANT
Related to COMPLIANT
- amenable, biddable, obedient, conformable, docile, law-abiding, submissive, tractable
- balky, contrary, contumacious, defiant, disobedient, froward, incompliant, insubordinate, intractable, noncompliant, obstreperous, rebel, rebellious, recalcitrant, refractory, restive, unamenable, ungovernable, unruly, untoward, wayward, willful (or wilful)
Learn More About COMPLIANT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up compliant? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).