col·or·ing noun \ˈkə-lə-riŋ\
: the act of adding colors to something (such as a picture in a coloring book)
: something that produces color
: the color of a person's skin and hair
a : the act of applying colors
b : something that produces color or color effects
c (1) : the effect produced by applying or combining colors (2) : natural color (3) : complexion, coloration
d : change of appearance (as by adding color)
Examples of COLORING
- Her favorite activities include playing with stuffed animals and coloring.
- Our product contains no artificial coloring or flavoring.
- She added some blue food coloring to the icing.
- This scarf will look great with your coloring.
- He has very light coloring.
First Known Use of COLORING
Learn More About COLORING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up coloring? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).