: having or showing class: as
a : elegant, stylish <a classy clientele>
b : having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior <a classy guy> <a classy gesture>
c : admirably skillful and graceful <a classy outfielder>
— class·i·ness noun
Examples of CLASSY
- the classiest nightclub in Madrid
- The spa boasts some very classy clients.
- Donating her salary bonus to charity was a really classy thing to do.
First Known Use of CLASSY
Related to CLASSY
- elegant, courtly, fine, graceful, handsome, majestic, refined, stately, tasteful
- dowdy, graceless, inelegant, styleless, tasteless, unfashionable, unhandsome, unstylish
Rhymes with CLASSY
Next Word in the Dictionary: clastPrevious Word in the Dictionary: classworkAll Words Near: classy
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up classy? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).