: having met the official requirements that are needed to do particular type of work
: officially approved as having met a standard
: real or genuine
Examples of CERTIFIED
- You must be certified in order to practice medicine.
- The carpentry work must be done by someone who is certified for the job.
- The food is certified kosher.
- Her boyfriend's a certified weirdo.
First Known Use of CERTIFIED
Related to CERTIFIED
- bona fide, certifiable, authentic, dinkum [Australian & New Zealand], echt, genuine, honest, pukka (also pucka), real, right, sure-enough, true
- bogus, counterfeit, fake, false, mock, phony (also phoney), pseudo, sham, spurious, suppositious, supposititious, unauthentic, unreal
Learn More About CERTIFIED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up certified? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).