Examples of CAMARADERIE
- There is great camaraderie among the teammates.
- They have developed a real camaraderie after working together for so long.
- It is about the camaraderie of troops bound for Vietnam who as their leader warns, have one another and nothing but one another when they fall into hell. —Stanley Kauffmann, New Republic, 25 Mar. 2002
- … men on the sunny side of middle age, physical, competitive, used to the quick camaraderie of the team, be it a firefighting squad or a trading desk. —Robert Lipsyte, New York Times, 3 Feb. 2002
- Except for occasional bursts of camaraderie, which came like thunderstorms, we were never close. —W. P. Kinsella, Shoeless Joe, 1982
- The best of adolescence was the intense male friendships—not only because of the cozy feelings of camaraderie they afforded … but because of the opportunity they provided for uncensored talk. —Philip Roth, Reading Myself and Others, 1975
Origin of CAMARADERIE
French, from camarade
First Known Use: 1840
Learn More About CAMARADERIE