broad·enedbroad·en·ing \ˈbrȯd-niŋ, ˈbrȯ-dən-iŋ\
Examples of BROADEN
- They need to broaden their understanding of other cultures.
- The police have broadened the scope of the investigation.
- Her smile broadened when I told her the good news.
- The investigation has broadened to include the mayor's staff.
- His interests broadened to include art and music, not just sports.
First Known Use of BROADEN
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up broaden? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).