a : in a brief way <briefly mentioned>
b : in brief <the food, briefly, was awful>
: for a short time <briefly married>
Examples of BRIEFLY
- Several important issues are only briefly mentioned.
- Please briefly describe your experience.
- We briefly considered canceling the trip.
First Known Use of BRIEFLY
Related to BRIEFLY
- shortly, compactly, concisely, crisply, curtly, elliptically, laconically, pithily, succinctly, summarily, tersely
- diffusely, long-windedly, verbosely, wordily
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up briefly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).