blood·less adjective \ˈbləd-ləs\
: done without killing people
: lacking feeling or emotion
: pale in color
: deficient in or free from blood
: not accompanied by loss or shedding of blood <a bloodless victory>
: lacking in spirit or vitality
: lacking in human feeling <bloodless statistics>
— blood·less·ly adverb
— blood·less·ness noun
Examples of BLOODLESS
- He fought his bloodless battles in the courtroom.
- They took control of the government in a bloodless coup.
- Her speeches are dull and bloodless.
- a bunch of bloodless numbers and statistics
- His face was bloodless with fear.
First Known Use of BLOODLESS
before 12th century
blood·less adjective \ˈbləd-ləs\ (Medical Dictionary)
: free from or lacking blood <a bloodless surgical field>
Learn More About BLOODLESS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up bloodless? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).