: full of, marked by, or causing bliss <a blissful marriage>
: happily benighted <blissful ignorance>
— bliss·ful·ly \-fə-lē\ adverb
— bliss·ful·ness noun
Examples of BLISSFUL
- At first, their time together was blissful.
- He sat there in a blissful state of comfort.
- a blissful setting for a wedding
First Known Use of BLISSFUL
Related to BLISSFUL
- glad, chuffed [British], delighted, gratified, happy, joyful, joyous, pleased, satisfied, thankful, tickled
- displeased, dissatisfied, joyless, sad, unhappy, unpleased, unsatisfied
Learn More About BLISSFUL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up blissful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).