Examples of BECOMING
- That jacket is very becoming on you.
- She's had her hair cut in a becoming new style.
- She accepted the award with a becoming humility.
First Known Use of BECOMING
Related to BECOMING
- applicable, appropriate, apt, fit, befitting, felicitous, fitted, fitting, good, happy, meet, pretty, proper, right, suitable
- improper, inapplicable, inapposite, inappropriate, inapt, incongruous, indecent, infelicitous, malapropos, misbecoming, unapt, unbecoming, unbeseeming, unfit, unfitting, unhappy, unmeet, unseemly, unsuitable, wrong
Learn More About BECOMING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up becoming? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).