ath·let·ic adjective \ath-ˈle-tik, ÷ˌa-thə-ˈle-\
: of or relating to athletes
: of or relating to sports, games, or exercises
: used by athletes : used during or for sports, games, or exercises
Examples of ATHLETIC
- They each received an athletic scholarship to the school.
- Students can get discount tickets for all athletic events.
- His athletic career spanned three decades.
- She has great athletic ability.
- She's tall and has an athletic build.
First Known Use of ATHLETIC
Other General Sports Terms
Rhymes with ATHLETIC
ath·let·ic adjective \ath-ˈlet-ik\ (Medical Dictionary)
: characterized by heavy frame, large chest, and powerful muscular development : mesomorphic
Learn More About ATHLETIC
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up athletic? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).