ar·range·ment noun \ə-ˈrānj-mənt\
: the way that things or people are organized for a particular purpose or activity : the way that things or people are arranged
: something that is done to prepare or plan for something in the future
: a usually informal agreement
a : the state of being arranged : order <everything in neat arrangement>
b : the act of arranging <the arrangement of the details was quickly accomplished>
: something arranged: as
a : a preliminary measure : preparation <travel arrangements>
b : an adaptation of a musical composition by rescoring
c : an informal agreement or settlement especially on personal, social, or political matters <arrangements under the new regime>
: something made by arranging parts or things together <a floral arrangement>
Examples of ARRANGEMENT
- They changed the arrangement of furniture in the room.
- the collection and arrangement of data
- a chronological arrangement of historical events
- We tried several different arrangements of the parts.
- Having my brother and his wife living nearby was an ideal arrangement for our family.
- The family had very unusual living arrangements.
- “What were your sleeping arrangements?” “I slept on the bed while he slept on the floor.”
- We'll have to change the seating arrangements for the dinner party.
- Her job includes arrangement of her boss's travel plans.
- There was an unusual political arrangement between the two countries.
First Known Use of ARRANGEMENT
Related to ARRANGEMENT
- plan, blueprint, design, game, game plan, ground plan, master plan, program, project, road map, scheme, strategy, system
Other Music Terms
Learn More About ARRANGEMENT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up arrangement? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).