agree·ment noun \ə-ˈgrē-mənt\
: the act of agreeing
: a situation in which people share the same opinion : a situation in which people agree
: an arrangement, contract, etc., by which people agree about what is to be done
a : harmony of opinion, action, or character : concord
b : the act or fact of agreeing
a : a contract duly executed and legally binding
b : the language or instrument embodying such a contract
Examples of AGREEMENT
- Any changes to the plan require the agreement of everyone involved.
- There is wide agreement on this issue.
- They have been unable to reach agreement about how to achieve reform.
- I thought we had an agreement.
- Their agreement expires next year.
- He has to return the property under the terms of an agreement he has with the original owner.
- He signed an agreement to buy the property.
First Known Use of AGREEMENT
Learn More About AGREEMENT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up agreement? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).