: very mentally or physically painful
Examples of AGONIZING
- a long and agonizing battle with cancer
- She made the agonizing decision to cancel the trip.
- The agonizing wait was finally over.
- He was in agonizing pain.
First Known Use of AGONIZING
Related to AGONIZING
- afflicting, bitter, cruel, excruciating, galling, grievous, harrowing, harsh, heartrending, hurtful, painful, tormenting, torturous
- gratifying, pleasing, sweet
Learn More About AGONIZING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up agonizing? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).