noun ac·knowl·edg·ment \ik-ˈnä-lij-mənt, ak-\
a : the act of acknowledging
b : recognition or favorable notice of an act or achievement
: a thing done or given in recognition of something received
: a declaration or avowal of one's act or of a fact to give it legal validity
Examples of ACKNOWLEDGMENT
- They made several public acknowledgments of their company's mistake.
- He paid the fine without acknowledgment of his guilt.
- Special acknowledgments will be made at the end of the meeting.
- He has finally received the acknowledgment he deserves for his charitable work.
- They presented him with an award in acknowledgment of his charitable work.
- He's the first person mentioned in the book's acknowledgments.
- We sent an acknowledgment that we received their letter.
- He never received an acknowledgment of his payment.
First Known Use of ACKNOWLEDGMENT
Related to ACKNOWLEDGMENT
: an act of admitting the truth or existence of
: an act of praising or thanking for some deed or achievement
: a usually written statement saying that a letter or message was received
Learn More About ACKNOWLEDGMENT