a : conformity to truth or to a standard or model : exactness
b : degree of conformity of a measure to a standard or a true value — compare precision 2a
Examples of ACCURACY
- Each experiment is performed twice to ensure accuracy.
- The police questioned the accuracy of his statement.
- He could not say with any accuracy what he had seen.
- Several managers have tried to increase the speed and accuracy of the workers.
First Known Use of ACCURACY
Related to ACCURACY
- precision, accurateness, closeness, delicacy, exactitude, exactness, fineness, nicety, perfection, preciseness, rigor, rigorousness, ultraprecision, veracity
- coarseness, impreciseness, imprecision, inaccuracy, inexactitude, inexactness, roughness
Learn More About ACCURACY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up accuracy? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).